Cambridge Flat Roofing – EcoWarm
A Closer Look at the EcoWarm Flat Roofing Solution
Anyone who has ever lived in a house with an old style flat roof will know that the rooms underneath are prone to being damp and/or drafty. This makes them very expensive to heat. You might think that that is the price you pay to live in the home that you love, but you’d be wrong. There is something that you can do about both problems in one and it may not cost as much as you think.
The EcoWarm flat roofing system is carefully designed to allow you to close off air vents which cause drafts without creating a potentially dangerous condensation problem. It does this by fixing solid polyisocyanite insulation boards to the top of the flat roof deck and as the system is protected by a breathable single ply roofing membrane, it allows condensation to escape without the need for vents. If care is taken to ensure that a full 120 mm of insulation is used there need not even be a concern over interstitial condensation if there is already insulation among the joists. All your cold and damp problems will be resolved in one renovation job.
As if that weren’t incentive enough, the new roof will also have a longer life span than traditional felt or bitumen roofs and government regulations mean that roofing work which improves the energy efficiency of your home will benefit from a 15% drop in VAT charges. It’s worth pointing out, however, that thanks to building regulation L1b, you will be in breach of the law if you do not take action to improve the energy efficiency of your home while attempting any kind of renovation which effects 50% or more of your flat roof.
To summarise all this, if you choose to benefit from the EcoWarm flat roof solution you will…
- Not only gain insulation but gain 120 mm of insulation, that’s 50% more than is the standard in new build properties, which means better heat retention and even smaller energy bills.
- Be guaranteed to be fully compliant with the latest government ‘Conservation of Heat and Power’ regulations.
- No longer have to worry about damp, mould, rotten rafters and or cold drafts.
- No longer be bothered by your noisy neighbours or to have to worry so much about disturbing the peace with the drum kit. The insulation will also have the effect of soundproofing your home
- Not have to worry about damage to the rest of your property. As the system reuses the existing timber sub-deck, providing it is in good condition, it should not cause any damage to your ceiling and, by extension, to the room below.
- Enjoy a Free Guarantee of your deposit through the Competent Roofer Scheme.
- Appreciate a Free Guarantee of Completion and Workmanship for up to 20 years.
- Save up to £350 on the cost of a Building certificate as members of the Competent Roofer Scheme are empowered to self-certify.
- Save 15% on the work done as your actions in improving the energy efficiency of your home earn you a reduction in the cost of VAT.